February

Wow I like the little things.

I think that I usually don't blog because I feel like I don't have anything to say, and because I don't take pictures to go along with the post. I'm realizing that's pretty silly. Today I wrote in my journal that I know that often it may seem like I write the mundane and ordinary things, but those are the simple things that make up my life and I love my life. 

So here's some of the little things.
-I set up some Valentine's decorations and they make me happy. 
-I bought myself some tulips the other day. I've bought myself flowers every now and then since high school. I need that little boost of life and color, especially in the winter. 
-I'm 33 weeks along and feeling real pregnant. My boy is growing, but my tummy is at the max so he's starting to squish my insides. I'm so excited to snuggle him and see what he's like.
-I made cookies, sadly I'm not used to my new oven yet and over baked them so they are hard as a rock. But a couple were just soft enough to gobble down. 
-I learned to knit. I didn't realize how much time it takes, but I like it. I'm making a baby blanket, but I chose girl colors. Oops! They were just so cute I couldn't resist. 
-I like when it warms up a little because then I go on walks around the park. 
-I love our ward here. They are all so kind and all try to make sure I'm doing ok with the move and with the baby coming. There are a lot of elderly people which I really enjoy. For some reason it's a lot easier for me to sit by an old lady in Relief Society than it is for me to sit by someone my age. 
-I've been trying some new recipes, some have worked, some haven't! I've liked the Ministrone soup and the tater tot casserole I cooked. This has been really good for me. I'm not good at trying new things cooking wise because I don't like wasting ingredients or time. But I'm getting over it. I'll never find more good recipes or become a better cook if I don't risk having a bad dish every now and then.
-I love this little house we are renting. On Monday it was beyond windy here! I was just so grateful to have this home protecting and sheltering me. And not just physically.

Yep. Those are some of the little things I've been loving lately and I wouldn't have it any other way. 

Comments