August

August seems like a blur. I can't believe it's September! Lots of people are begging for the summer weather to stay, but I am so ready for Fall. I love each of the seasons and the feelings and activities they have to offer. Here's some of what we've been up to...

  • The start of the month began with a cousin's wedding and another cousin's baby blessing. It was fun to spend time with Bryce's family. I got to meet a lot of new people since most of them are from New Mexico. 
  • Summer is the wedding season, so we had another reception as well. This one had backyard dancing and fry bread so you could say we were pretty stoked. If you ever have fry bread or scones, put some cinnamon honey butter and powdered sugar on there. You can thank me later.
  • We went to Bear Lake with my mom's side of the family. We had fun on the jet skis and playing card games with the cousins. We've gone every summer for years and it's always been one of my favorite traditions. 
  • Once a month we have a Family Home Evening at my Papa Hall's house. We all eat dinner, catch up and have a spiritual message. I'm thankful to see how the gospel's blessed not only my family of origin, but my extended family as well. 
  • I taught Bryce how to shop at the DI. I love thrift shopping, but it takes time. Luckily we found some sweet old lawn chairs so he could take a sit while he waited for me to finish. We are going to buy some webbing and redo the seats. 
  • We've had some fun with friends and on our temple dates, but I've been awful about taking pictures this month. 
  • We ended off August by visiting the Fort Bridger rendezvous. My dad loves history and is apart of the mountain man association so he does some demos, camps out, and sells animal hides. He's pretty cool.
  • Oh and I just got a new job! I'm going to be the kindergarten aid at my old elementary school so that should be a blast. It's not very many hours so it works perfectly with my online classes picking up in the fall. I should get my associates in December if all goes well!






Comments