The Miracle of my Mission

Wowzas. A year! I've been home from my mission a whole year now. It's been a very full and fulfilling year. I got married, jumped back into university, worked as a preschool and kindergarten aid, and... some of you may know and some may not, I'm expecting a sweet baby boy in March! So yes, this year has been a good one. But it's also been hard. My normal life has been so different from my service as a full time missionary. 

I had my mission reunion about a month ago. It was wonderful! I loved reflecting on my experience in Edmonton Canada and how it's shaped me and will continue to shape me throughout my life. Just like life at home is hard, so was my life as a missionary. Surviving the dark and cold for half the year, living in new places with different people, approaching strangers everyday and sharing the things of my heart and my deepest beliefs. It takes guts, it takes vulnerability and it takes a lot of faith. I faced loneliness, rejection, fear, persecution, self doubt and pain.

But because of the pain, I knew and valued the good. I appreciated the joy. I can remember so many sweet and tender moments where my heart was overflowing and I was consumed with the love Christ has for us. My testimony was strengthened, my conversion deepened, my knowledge increased. I developed into a more Christlike disciple and leader. I met people and had experiences that I will never forget. I came to know my Savior more and began to use His Atonement more fully. 

I learned how He knows us, He cares for us and takes care of us. My love is imperfect, my patience runs out, but Christ's love is perfect and his patient is unending. He sees the good. He has and is the hope. He heals the hearts. He makes possible the change. At conference I found a verse that describes my feelings of the Savior quite well, "I will glory in my Jesus for He hath redeemed my soul from Hell." I will forever be grateful for the miracle of my mission and how it brought me closer to Him. 


I love President and Sister Pattison!

1st transfer
Sister Hacking
Area: Rainbow Valley YSA


2nd transfer
Sister Paxman and Sister Dearden
Area: Rainbow Valley YSA & Rutherford


3rd & 4th Transfer
Sister Baxter
Area: Valley View


5th & 6th Transfer
Sister Oakeson
Area: Valley View


7th & 8th Transfer
Sister Rivera
Area: Red Deer

9th & 10th transfer
Sister Rivera and Sister Vankatwyk
Area: Red Deer

11th & 12th Transfer
Sister Nichols
Area: Fort McMurray

13th Transfer
Sister Larson and Sister Stasney
Area: Travelling Training Sisters



Comments