growing

This is a strange season and stage for me. It's a growing and waiting time, and those times aren't always my favorite. I'm waiting for many things; for Thanksgiving, for the semester to be over, for Christmas, for our move, for the baby. I know we are supposed to make the most of everyday and cherish the moment we are in, but it's hard to find perspective sometimes. It's hard to keep living life here, when I'm trying to get a life together somewhere else. Like finding a place to live, finding new doctors, and imagining finding my place and role there. 

Today our church service was centered on gratitude. And it was a message I needed. Despite how this stage of life may be tough, I can choose gratitude. I can choose faith and hope. We talked about how it's no coincidence that Thanksgiving occurs about a month before we celebrate the Savior's birth. Getting into a mindset and meditating on blessings is a wonderful way to prepare to celebrate Christmas. After all, He is the greatest blessing ever. A scripture that's been going through my mind lately is that, "I will glory in my Jesus for He hath redeemed my soul from hell." I will glory in Him, no matter what stage or season of life I'm in. He is help, He is comfort, He is hope.

This week was good. 

  • I got soda with my bosom sister and I love chatting about life with her. 
  • One of my best childhood friends got married! It was actually my first friend's wedding I got to attend so it was really special to me. I loved seeing her so happy. It brought up so many good memories of when Bryce and I got married. I love being in the temple. I am so grateful for the restoration of the priesthood and that we have full access to all the ordinances and covenants we need in order to be exalted as families. 
  • Bryce felt the baby kick. So fun! Life really is a miracle. Half the time I'm so excited to do the whole mom thing, the other half of the time I am scared out of my mind. 
  • I'm not the best cook, but I've been pushing myself to make new things lately. This week I made a sheperd's pie that was SO yummy and I was so content with that little triumph. I want to celebrate the little things.

Creds to whoever made this cuz I definitely downloaded it off Pinterest. 

Comments