Sunday

Sometimes I'm not sure how to format my blog posts. I want to share some things I've been up to and some thoughts I've had, but then I wait too long in between posts and have so many unrelated things to share! So here's a few highlights.

  • I've been picking up mom friends at the park so we've had some play dates with new friends I made! It felt good to get outside my comfort zone a bit and build more community. Alan is so social so he really loves our playdates! We have some really good friends in the ward too so we've had some playdates with them. 
  • I found a new favorite salsa recipe this month, scored some fun finds at a local art/antique store, and listened to lots of audiobooks.
  • We went to UT for a week and it was so nice to see friends and family. I forgot how green UT is haha. We ate all the UT favorites- taco amigo, jdawgs, costa vida... and took the kids to the curiosity museum. My parents home and yard are so nice and it felt really idyllic having my kids there for summertime fun. And my mom flew home with me to spend some time here! My parents are the best!
  • I had gone back to school for the Spring semester which ended up being super stressful. I know an education is important but I was struggling too much. I withdrew from my classes last week and it has brought me a lot of peace. I really struggled deciding what to do. I feel like I had two voices combating in my head. "Keep going, push through, hustle, if you quit you'll regret it." The other "It's ok to let go of things that no longer serve you, do what makes you happy, slow down." I finally determined that for me personally, a formal education is not a priority for me right now. I want to thrive more in my calling as a wife and mother, to focus my time and energy in this specific season, to further my learning by reading and practicing new hobbies and skills.
  • I'm so grateful. I know there's lots of opinions about women's education and careers versus being a stay at home mom and what not, and I just think it's so important to remember that the internet will not give you the right answer for you. Only God can give you that. Each woman's path is different and only the Holy Ghost can confirm what path is right for you. If you want to do school and work while being a full time mother, go for it! If you want to stay home full time, then do it! Don't feel guilty and don't be ashamed for doing what God has called you to do. I love that President Nelson has been focusing so much on revelation. Our lives, our decisions, our desires are so different. Rather than comparing ourselves to others, we can be confident in the path God has put us on, and support others on their path.











Comments