This Week (Well Last Week Now I Finally Posted It)

Everyday life and tasks are really adventurous right now with a 3 year old and a 1 1/2 year old. I have two pretty memorable stories from this week...

story #1
I was in the backyard with my kids, helping Alan pee on a tree, when he said he had to poop so I quickly pulled his pants up so I could start running him to the house... but it was too late. His poop had already hit the dirt and I had dragged the dirty underwear up his little legs. I quickly ran through my options and couldn't think of a good solution to keep everyone out of the poop. I took Rosie (the dog) inside first. When I came back ,Millie had stomped in the poop like it was a mud puddle. So I took her inside next, ditching her stinky shoes outside. Then I went back for Alan and took him to the bathroom to clean up. Oh and I cleaned up the poop with a doggy bag. While he showered off, I rinsed his clothes. And then I had to wash all 3 pairs of shoes! It was nuts. I'm glad poop doesn't gross me out too much or it could have seemed pretty awful instead of comical.

story #2
While I was making dinner, Alan and Millie were eating tortilla chips. There were just some crumbs in the bottom and they ended up having a full blown fight over it. I got Millie settled but then Alan started scattering all the crumbs everywhere. So I got that handled but then Millie had raided the fridge somehow and got the syrup. She had dumped the syrup into a bowl and she and the dog were licking it up together. Fun times! It did end up ok and we got dinner on the table eventually.

These are just two of countless stories from everyday life I could share. This season of motherhood has been really hard for me, and that's ok because it's been really sweet and funny too.



I almost wish this was dog poop from our walk, but it's not. Alan had to go on the trail and the bathroom was way too far away for him to make it. So it seems the new game at our house is "dog or human poop?" Anyways, Alan is loving his strider bike and I love the views from where we live!!








Comments