Surprise!

Surprise! I'm posting on the blog. Haven't done that in a while, but I am hoping to do it more. I don't have a ton of previous posts but it was fun to go back and read what we were doing last year and what my thoughts and experiences were. Some of my favorite blogs like the NieNieDialogues or 71 Toes use their blog more as a family journal and I really like that idea. I don't love scrapbooking and my personal journal writings might be hard to edit in a good way to share with family later on. I think a blog is a really easy way to combine photos and words to document history.




Alan and I went to a new park this week and it was lovely! We have one really close to our house, but the equipment is too big for Alan to do much. It was nice to go somewhere he can do more and there's more kids so he likes it. He's a people watcher like his momma. It's so nice the weather is cooling down a little.





I made some super yummy cookies this week. I was excited because usually my cookies are just ok, especially when I have Alan help.




Other things from the week...
  • My in-laws and some nephews stayed over on Friday night and that was super fun. We do have a guest bedroom, and we love having visitors!
  • I'm grateful the conference talks are posted and that I can study and drink from those messages more deeply. They bring me closer to Christ. Our Relief Society lesson today was sharing things we learned from conference and it was really powerful! I have loved our ward here, they are very kind and have helped me so much since moving here late in my pregnancy.
  • I'm currently reading "Simplicity Parenting" and I'm really enjoying it. I'm also listening to the audiobook, "The Language of Sycamores," I love Lisa Wingate's books.




Comments