That's a Wrap

February has come to a close. It was a good month! I had my birthday a few days ago and it was really nice. Bryce made me breakfast and took me out for the traditional birthday steak and we got some ice-cream too. He must know a big part of my love language is food. Yum! I got lots of sweet calls and messages from family and friends. It's a true blessing to have so many amazing people in my life.

I'll be 37 weeks along tomorrow. I am so excited to meet this baby boy! I wonder what he'll look like and what kind of personality he'll have and so many things. 22 days until his due date. Woot woot! 

Life hasn't been too busy lately. It's definitely a slower pace of life here in the small town. I've been knitting, picking up a little embroidery again, watching the Brady Bunch, reading, trying out some new workouts, and doing little things to keep the household running. We fed the missionaries last week and it was weird to be on the giving end rather than the receiving. It was fun though!

I was much better at posting more often this month! I really do like writing. I know some of my posts are just my thoughts and opinions about different topics, but they are things I think are important to share. I could just list the things I'm doing and pictures every now and then, but I want this blog to be a little more than that. In the last conference President Nelson challenged the women to study D&C 25. One of the things that really stood out to me was "thy time shall be given to writing, and to learning much." I think one of the best ways I learn I through sharing, so that's a big part of why I want to write this blog. 

Posting things like this takes a lot of vulnerability though. It's hard work too. I know exactly what I mean in my head and it's crystal clear, but when I get it down in writing I'm not sure how other people will take it. They can interpret their own tone and message out of what I've written rather than hearing it clearly as they might through my voice. Don't take anything I write too seriously. If what I write makes sense and you agree then that's great, if it doesn't make sense or if you disagree, that's ok too. Sometimes I don't get what I'm thinking out right and that's ok because I'm human. So that's why you may notice I updated/edited my last post to align more with what I really intended the message to be. I'm thankful we can fix mistakes, that failure doesn't need to be final, that we can try, try, try again. Mostly I'm thankful for Jesus because He's the one who makes that possible. 

Comments