Another Month Gone By

What a busy month! I finished the semester. Hallelujah!! I did school all year this year and it wasn't the best idea. I decided that "you need to take a break, or it might break you." Haha. I only have one more class til I have my associates so I'll probably take it next Fall after I get a little practice being a momma. It will be so nice not to be glued to my laptop day after day. I've loved the many things I've learned in my online classes, but it hasn't been easy. 

I'm at 27 weeks now and feeling good! I experienced heart burn for the first time in my life, not a fan. Lots of people comment on my how small my little bump is, but I feel huge. The little guys movements are getting big!  

I had my last day at work. I worked at the elementary school I attended and I worked there in highschool too so it felt strange leaving because it seems like I always end up back there. I'll miss the little kindergarteners funny comments and watching them learn throughout the year.  

I've had lots of sweet friends get married recently. It has been wonderful. I love temples! President Nelson talked about how our greatest spiritual treasures are found within the temple. I've had this confirmed in my heart time and time again. Temples are where families are made. It's how families become eternal. It's how we can become exalted. I'm so grateful for the restoration and that we have the priesthood ordinances and covenants we need to return to our Father as family units. 

Our little family is moving so soon! I can't believe how fast time has gone. I've been thinking about all the things I'll miss... Cafe Rio, Taco Amigo, Chick-fil-A, the DI, Old Navy, Timpanogos temple, the mountains, my job, our ward and most of all the friends and family we have here. (Mesa is like 4 hours away from where we'll be, so I'll still have some restaurants and shopping, just not as close as here.) I've also been thinking about the things I'm excited for: renting a cute little white house, no traffic, a small community, the Snowflake temple, being close to family and the new friends we'll make. It's crazy how bitter sweet life can be sometimes. 

A few weeks ago I had the opportunity to speak in church about the Savior. I love speaking! There's just something about preparing a talk, and studying and editing it as guided by the spirit that really fills my heart. I love bearing witness of Him. I pulled a lot of my material from President Nelson's talk from the 2018 Christmas Devo. He talks about 4 specific gifts the Savior offers us. I am so thankful for the gifts I have because of the Savior. They are too many to number. 

Christmas was wonderful!! We'll keep that part short and sweet. Here's some pictures from our month. 



Comments